The PrimeFish will be introduced in Malta during the prestigious #EUFishEcon on 04-05 February 2016
This year the European Commission (DG MARE) in collaboration with the European Association of Fisheries Economists (EAFE) and the University of Malta holds the Conference “Economic Advice in Fisheries Management: a Trilogue between Science, Administration and Stakeholders”, where the PrimeFish project will be presented. You can find us in the main conference room during the #EUFishEcon. We shall endeavour to foster a broad dialogue between users and providers of economic advice and seafood trade.
Founded in 1989, EAFE is an independent association of economists working in fisheries, including the catching, aquaculture and on-shore sectors, in Europe. This Conference will be open by Karmenu Vella, EU Commissioner for Environment, Maritime Affairs and Fisheries and the main topics for discussion will be:
- How does economic advice contribute to fisheries management in major fishing nations?
- The tools for economic advice: the experience of the CFP
- Global drivers on fisheries
- Economic evaluation of ecosystem services in fisheries management
- What kind of Public Support for Fisheries
- The internationalization of fisheries
- The economics of supply: where will the fish come from?
- Socio-economic implications of fisheries management
- The role of economic advice on the pathway to sustainable fisheries
The event will be closed by João AGUIAR MACHADO who is the Director-General in DG Maritime Affairs and Fisheries since 1 September 2015.
Look forward to seeing you in our poster presentation!